The Power of Personal Communion -Our Weapons- The Bread (The Word of Our Testimony) Pt.2 w/notes
1 Cor 15:57
2 Cor 10:3-5
Rev. 12: 11
- And God confirms His Word by giving signs and wonders and various miracles and gifts of the Holy Spirit.
- But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
- For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ
- See to it that no one misses the grace of God
- They defeated the enemy by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony;
Our focus for 2017 :
Releasing the power of God through your life
Turn to someone and say :It’s still all about the spiritual
Romans 8:37 In all things in life, overwhelming victory is ours through Christ, who loved us .
Characteristics of a Victorious Christian in the next move of God
A victorious Christian will need to- Deal with the enemy
1 Peter 5:8-9 Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith
James 4:7 Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
2 Cor 2:11 We are to know very well what Satan’s plans are.
Turn to someone and say “It’s all about the spiritual.”
“My people are asleep while the enemy is planning a powerful attack”
“I am saying that the enemy is increasing. I am saying to resist the power of the enemy. If my people will rise up I will defeat the works of the enemy in America and the family make this nation a spiritual nation says the Lord “
“I’m about to increase the power of miracles and the supernatural, says the Lord”
The Lord said to me..
I AM MOVING IN THIS SEASON OF PREPARATION. Teach my church to “LIVE” in the position I have called them and prepare them for ministry.”
God’s teaching are processed
“in us first
and then through us” (Your Ministry to others)
“We can’t teach it unless we live it”
Many people don’t like to talk about the enemy
- The enemy wants (ignorance)
- These people are called VICTIMS (POW)
- Their life is continually invaded by spiritual attacks and their ministry is neutralized
- The Word of God
He replied: “Watch out that you are not deceived. For many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am he,’
Your enemies will try to fool even the people God has chosen, if that is possible. Now I have warned you about this before it happens.
2 Cor 11:14-15
Even Satan changes himself to look like an angel of light (truth).
We looked at
GIFT OF DISCERNING OF SPIRITS
Gift of Discerning of spirits
The ability given by the Holy Spirit in situations when it is needed to recognize what spirit is behind different manifestations or activities. This is often accompanied by direction on how to deal with the situation
Recognizing which spirit is involved in a given situation requires moving in the “Gift of the Discerning of spirits” which is essentially being sensitive to the Holy Spirit.
Dealing with the spirit of the enemy in our lives and others is called: Spiritual Warfare
Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.
3 Categories of Spirits
- Human spirit
- Holy Spirit
- Evil spirit (enemy)
- Fear / Worry
- Inferiority / Insecurity
- Confusion / unsettled mind (fogginess, lack of memory
- Anger / victim
- Condemnation -areas of failure –giving up
- Busyness / Unbalanced priorities
- Blaming God
We continue in our series: How to Defeat the Enemy in Your Life
a.k.a.: How to Move in Spiritual Warfare
We continue our focus :
The Power of Personal Communion
I have found personal communion to be one of the most effective tools in:
- Maintaining Intimacy with the Lord
- Defeating The Attacks of the Enemy
- Growth and effectiveness in ministry
Let’s set the foundation in scripture
While they were eating, Jesus took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to his disciples, saying, “Take and eat; this is my body.” Do this to remember what I’ve taught you
Then he took the cup, gave thanks and offered it to them, saying, “Drink from it, all of you. This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins.
He called his twelve disciples to him and gave them authority to drive out evil spirits and to heal every disease and sickness.
I have given you authority .. to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will you
And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out …they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well.”
I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven
And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will defeat the enemy
Jesus says that I have come you may have life and that life more abundantly then at the end of his ministry he says do this (Communion) to “remember me at all that I’ve taught you for they will be very important for the days ahead Luke 22:19
The “this“ is Communion and the Lord wants us personally involved with the dynamic that he taught his disciples
It was not only life-changing it was key to establishing the Kingdom of God (Ministry)
- Why would Jesus emphasize this action?
- Why is it so important for us personally?
- How does it empower us to deal with the bold attacks of the enemy in these days?
The Powerful weapons of Personal Communion
Most Christians don’t know the Word and their authority in Christ
- They live their lives dictated by the enemy
- Living day by day trying to deal with the circumstances of life
- Most never experience “breakthrough”
We’re going to examine how to enter into “Victorious Christianity”
Understanding how to defeat the attacks of the enemy will enables us to live victoriously and minister to others.
WE HAVE GOD’S WORD ON IT !!
Let’s look The Elements
We looked at:
The Cup (Blood of Jesus)
- Most Christians have not been taught to understand the powerful tool (weapon) the Lord has given to us in His Word about the Cup.
- They just accept the premise but do not know how to apply it to their daily life.
- Let’s establish this powerful weapon against the enemy in our lives, family and ministry
They defeated the enemy by the blood of the Lamb (Jesus) and by the word of their testimony;
When you call on the Blood of Jesus, you’re not just speaking empty words. You are making a demand on your Blood Covenant with God you received when you accepted Jesus as your Savior.
We looked at The Powerful weapons of Personal Communion
The Power of the Blood (The Cup) Review
Forgives our sins
- Restores our relationship with God
- Enables us to live in the peace of Christ
- Establishes our authority over the enemy
- Releases the Power of God daily
- Releases Victory into every area of our lives
Powerful weapons of Personal Communion
The Bread – The Word Of Our Testimony- Pt. 2
The Body Of Jesus
Let see how
- The Word of YOUR TESTIMONY defeats the enemy
- Most Christians do not know the Word and their authority in Christ
- Without this understanding you cannot defeat the attacks of the enemy
Rev 12:11They defeated the enemy by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony;
They Defeated the enemy
- Blood of the Lamb
- The Word of their Testimony
- You defeat the enemy’s involvement in your (yours) life by what Christ did on the cross and the Word of YOUR testimony
- Essential to your Victory
- the statement or declaration of a witness under oath or affirmation, usually in court.
2.evidence in support of a fact or statement; proof.
- something that is announced, avowed, or proclaimed.
“Remember it’s not what you, or others say about who you are.. It’s what the Word says who you are.”
What the Word says about : “Who We Are”
Eph 2:10 For we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus ,
2 Cor 3:18 we, are being changed into His likeness
2 Cor 5:17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation the old has gone, the new has come!
Rom 8:15-17 For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship… heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ,
1 Cor 12:27 you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it
John 15: 15 I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master’s business. Instead, I have called you friends
1 Cor 6:19 Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit , who is in you, whom you have received from God?
John 3:16 For God so loved the world (you) that He sent His son
I have appointed you,’ declares the Lord Almighty.”
I know those I have chosen . Those I have chosen I have appointed
Who will bring any charge against those whom
God has chosen
Furthermore, because we are united with Christ, we have received an inheritance from God, for he appointed us in advance, and he makes everything work out according to his plan
“I, the Lord, have appointed you to demonstrate my goodness. I will take you by the hand and guard you,
“Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you .I have called you by name; you are mine.
It is God who appointed you to himself through the loving mercy of Christ
God, for he is the one who called you to freedom.
1 Peter 5:10 In his kindness God appointed you to share in his eternal glory by means of Christ Jesus
Jesus took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to his disciples, saying, “Take and eat; this is my body.” Do this to remember what I’ve taught you
When we remind the enemy who we are and call upon the Blood of the Lamb (cup) the Lord releases His provision ( The Bread- the Body of Christ) –Jehovah Jireh
The Bread (Provision)
Baruch ata Adonai, Eloheinu Melech ha’olam, hamotzi lechem, min ha aretz.”
“Blessed are You, O LORD our God, King of the Universe, Who has brought forth bread from the earth.“
The Bread represents provision and our platform of strength (testimony)
Philip 4:19 “I am the God that supplies all your needs”
The Word of Our Testimony:
We defeat the enemy by the Blood of the Lamb and the Word of our testimony.
When we acknowledge these truths daily
We will live in VICTORIOUS CHRISTIANITY
The Demonstration of “Personal Communion