Understanding The POWER of Giving Thanks in your life.
We pray the way you live will always honor and please the Lord, and your lives will produce every kind of good fruit… being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, and joyfully giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in the kingdom of light.
1 Thess 5:16-18
Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.
Today as we enter the Holiday Season-Year end , Enter 2019
I want us to look at a very important subject for the days ahead-
THE POWER OF GIVING THANKS
Thoughts on “thanks”
- God gave you a gift of 86,400 seconds today. Have you used one to say “thank you?“
- Silent thankfulness isn’t much use to anyone.
- There is no such thing as thankfulness unexpressed. If it is unexpressed, it is plain, old-fashioned ingratitude.
- Thankfulness is the memory of the heart.
- If a someone isn’t thankful for what he’s got, he isn’t likely to be thankful for what he’s going to get
- He is a wise man who does not grieve for the things which he has not, but rejoices for those which he has.
- Who does not thank for little will not thank for much
- Gratitude is the best attitude
As we enter the holiday season I want us to consider….
- Thankfulness is to be a characteristic of a Christian
- We are to be quick to appreciate
- Kindness and joy is our witness
- Through thankfulness God is released
Let’s look at
Reasons why “Giving Thanks” is so important
- Releases the Lord into the situation
- Acknowledges you believe God is able
- Puts action to your faith
- Speaks life into the situation
- It focuses on the Lord not just the need
- Overrides the attacks of the enemy
- Empowers you to move in faith
- Witnesses to those you are ministering to
- It pleases the Lord
Listen to more messages