The Gift of “Childlike Faith”
- Mark 10:13-16
One day some parents brought their children to Jesus so he could touch and bless them. But the disciples scolded the parents for bothering him.
When Jesus saw what was happening, he was angry with his disciples. He said to them, “Let the children come to me. Don’t stop them! For the Kingdom of God belongs to those who are like these children. I tell you the truth, anyone who doesn’t receive
the Kingdom of God like a child will
never experience it.”
Then he took the children in his arms
and placed his hands on their heads
and blessed them.
- Mark 10:14-16
- He said to them, “Let the children come to me. Don’t stop them! For the Kingdom of God belongs to those who are like these children. Unless you accept God’s kingdom in the simplicity of a child, you’ll never experience it.” Then he took the children in his arms and placed his hands on their heads and blessed them. (Dedicate)
- Today I want to look at this statement of Jesus
- For the Kingdom of God belongs to those who are like these children. Unless you see God’s kingdom in the simplicity of a child, you’ll never experience it.“
- We make this relation with Lord so complicated
- Stressed out
- Rules regulations
- We make it hard sometimes
- Wisdom from kids
- If you want something really expensive ask your grandparents
- When I think about my grandpas who are not here anymore. Tears jump into my eyes
- What do we learn from the story of Jesus turning water into wine?
- The better the wine, the better the wedding is.
- When God got mad at Adam and Eve and told them to leave the garden, what did he turn Eve into?
- A housewife
- Daddy did your hair slip?
- When You have good thoughts, your face will shine
- From our kids
- What is the greatest miracle in the Bible?
- When Joshua told his son to a stand still, and he obeyed him.
- I know it’s going to be OK, because my mommy and daddy said so
- My mommy said God made me. Wow I must be special.
- I never have to worry. My daddy and mommy talk to God.
- Mommy says my baby brother came from God. I asked him if I could talk to him. I said to him- I’ve been away from heaven for so long because I’m almost 5. I asked him Can you tell me what he looks like I can’t remember.
- My daddy knows everything.
- God tells him
What was Jesus meaning when He said
“to see the Kingdom in the simplicity of a child?”
What does it mean that unless we approach the kingdom of God as a child will never EXPERIENCE IT
(the presence, the provision, power of God)
How does a child look at things?
How does a child look at their relationship with the Lord?
It all begins with CHILDLIKE FAITH
So many have the wrong understanding of God
- Old man
- Too busy- except for super spiritual people
- Waiting to discipline people
- Hard and demanding
The definition of childlike
Is it possible to approach life with childlike faith?
With all the complications of life
how do we get there or get back there?
The answer is KISS
Keep It Simple Saint
To see God the way a child does
- Unaffected by challenges
The Word says
Ps 46:10 “Be still , and know that I am God;
Phil 1: 6 being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ
Heb 13:5-6 God has said, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.“ So we say with confidence, “The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. helper; I will not be afraid.
John 10:10 I have come that they may have life , and have it to the full
Matt 11:28-30“ Come to me , all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.
Isa 66:13 As a mother comforts her child, so will I comfort you;
- Let’s look at
How to live in childlike faith
(Faithing like a child)
To share with others)
- God is not angry at us
One of the greatest challenges I face with people
Lam 3:25: The Lord is not angry but loving to those whose hope is in Him
1 John 4:15-16 If anyone acknowledges that Jesus is the Son of God, God lives in him and he in God. And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love .
- Our sins are completely forgiven
Past and future
He doesn’t condemn us when we fail
It’s not about what you’ve done but what He’s done
- Rom 8:1-2 Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, 2 because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death.
Col 1:13-14 For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.
- It’s not about “Religion” but “Relationship”
We don’t have to “do” or “not do” to receive His love
Eph 2:8-9 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith — and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—not by your efforts , so that no one can boast.
- We have access to Him
We have His attention (His eye)
He calls us sons and daughters
John 3:1 How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are!
Heb 4:16 Let us go with complete trust to the throne of God. We will receive His love and have His love to help us whenever we need it.
- He can’t love us more than He does
Ps 108:4 For great is your love , higher than the heavens; your faithfulness reaches to the skies
John 15:13 Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.
Jer 31:3 “I have loved you with an everlasting love
John 3:16-18 16 “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned,
- He wants to bless us
Matt 7:11 If you who are sinful, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!
Matthew 11:28If you are tired from carrying heavy problems, come to me and I will give you rest.
Phil 4:19 And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus
- He is in control
Jer 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Jer 32:17 Oh LORD, you have made the heavens and the earth by your great power and outstretched arm. Nothing is beyond your ability
Ps 95:4-5 For the things of life are in God’s hands and he oversees them all
Romans 8:28That’s why we can be so sure that every detail in our lives of love for God is worked into something good
- His Grace is freely given to us
God’s GRACE is His Unmerited Favor
- The awareness of He’s with us
- Understanding that we have access to God
- The forgiveness of sin and freedom from condemnation
- No longer being bound to WORKS for His favor (earning approval)
- No longer neutralized by our failures
God loves you and wants you to enjoy your relationship with Him