“Thanks”-Secret to Victory
The SECRET to victory in this season is
the “Christian Advantage”
Thanks + in the Bible
Giving Thanks in the Word
1 Chron 16:34 Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever.
Phil 4:6-7 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
1 Thess 5:16-18 Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s plan for you.
How can I thank God for all that’s going on?
There’s a difference
- Thanking God for all things is…
- Thanking Him for His provision (received)
- Thanking Him in all things is…
- Thanking Him for His intervention (involvement)
Thanking God… releases His provision
Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.
Let’s look at
Giving Thanks Releases Victory
- Sets the stage (Releases the Lord into the situation)
- Acknowledges you believe God is able
- Puts action to your faith
- Speaks life into the situation
- It focuses on the Lord not just the need
- Neutralizes the enemy
- Empowers your day
- Brings peace
- It pleases the Lord