Can God Bless America?
Today in 2020
- Removal the “moral compass” in this nation
- Reformulating the principles on which this nation was built
- Cultural Restructuring- called tolerance
- Redefining foundational structures such as the family, authority and religious freedoms
How to LIVE in the Lord’s Peace in Today’s Times
- Don’t allow what’s going onto manipulate you.
(changing whims- prognosticators, news, opinions, riots, Yahoo, Google CNN, MSNBC, etc )
Prov 29:25 Honoring man’s wisdom will prove to be a trap, but whoever trusts in the Lord is kept safe.
- Don’t allow fear, worry and confusion to enter in
2 Tim 1:7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.
Matt 6:25-34 “ So I tell you , do not worry…. “your heavenly Father knows what you need. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well
Phil 4:6-7 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
1 Cor 14:33 For God has not given us the spirit of fear but of, power love and PEACE
- Base your peace on God’s Word
It’s not what man says or what the devil says.. It’s what God says..
Heb 4:12 For the word of God is active and alive today
1 Thess 2:13-14 the word of God effectively works in you who believe.
Heb 4:12 For the word of God is living and powerful, d intents of the heart.
Col 3:16 Let the word of Christ be your determining factor
Matt 24:35 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.
- Let the Peace of Christ guide youCol 3:15 Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts,John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.James 3:18 Peacemakers who sow in peace raise a harvest of righteousness.Rom 15:33 The God of peace be with you all.
- Don’t allow your relationship with the Lord to become stagnantLuke 11:2-3 “Our ‘Father who is in heaven, I honor your name, your kingdom come, your will be done n earth as it is in heaven. Give us each day our daily bread.Eph 5:18 18 Do not get drunk (on the world ways), which leads to ineffectiveness and robbery Instead, be filled with the Spirit.Lam 3:22-23 God’s committed love to us is released and his compassion for us never fails. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.
- Rest (be at peace) in God’s Plan’s and Promises for you
Jer 29:11-13 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
2 Cor 1:20 For all of God’s promises have been fulfilled in Christ with a resounding “Yes!” And through Christ, our “Amen” (which means “Yes”) ascends to God for his glory.
- Keep the “main thing” the “main thing.” (Lordship)
Matt 6:33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. NIV
Matt 6:33 he will give all you need if you give him first place in your life and live as he wants you to. TLB
Matt 6:33-34 The thing you should want most is God’s kingdom and doing what God wants. Then all the things you need will be given to you. NCV