Breakthrough – Men of God (Women Too!)
Josh. 24: 15
Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over all the land
“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”
– But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.
– But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.
I want to interrupt our series “Possessing Your Breakthrough”
I want to look at a topic that is near to my heart: (crash course)
- Father\Spiritual Fathers
God set man as the head, to govern administrate and lead
When man does not take his appointed place- chaos results
43% of US children live without their father
90% of homeless and runaway children are from fatherless homes.
71% of pregnant teenagers lack a father.
85 percent of children with behavior problems come from fatherless homes
71% of high school dropouts come from fatherless homes
75% of the youth in chemical abuse centers come from fatherless homes
70% of juveniles in state operated institutions have no father
85% of youths in prisons grew up in a fatherless home. More than 50% of teen mothers.
Children with involved, loving fathers are significantly more likely to:
- do well in school
- have healthy self-esteem
- exhibit empathy and pro-social behavior
- avoid high-risk behaviors such as drug use, drop out of school, and criminal activity
- develop healthy families of their own
“A good father (man of God) is one of the most unsung, unpraised, unnoticed, and yet one of the most valuable assets in our society.” Billy Graham
- My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person, he believed in me.
- The greatest thing a FATHER can do to his children, is to love their mother.
- It is easier for a father to have children than for children to have a real father.
- Everyone can be a father, but it takes a lot to be a Dad
- A father is someone who carries pictures in his wallet where his money used to be
Man of God
- The concept of a “father” is very important to family and society.
- It’s also very important from the spiritual perspective
- A word used to refer to God
“‘Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name,
If you, then, who are earthly fathers, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give what you need
It’s time Men
- Take our position
- Impact our “sphere of influence” (Spiritual Father)
- Live in the victory Christ has given us
A word used to refer to a “Man of God”
1 John 2:13
I write to you fathers , because you have known HIM that you may make GOD known
(You can’t make Him known unless you know Him)
Father =Man of God
Being a father goes beyond being a “Man of God” to our family
It means being a “Man of God” in every aspect
of our lives (spiritual fathers)
Man of God’s Life Order
World- Job (Market place- Ministry)
3 “W”s of a
Man of God
Role of the Father
- Priest (spiritual head)
Eph 5:22-23For the husband is the head of the wife (priest) as Christ is the head of the church,
- Provider ( provide for his family (not prisoner to work)
Matt 7:11If you, then, though you sin, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give
- Protector ( safety- into their world)
Acts 20:28 Keep watch over yourselves and all the family of which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers.
- Teacher (Word, prepare for life-standards)
Eph 6:4 Fathers, do not frustrate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord.
- Example (How to live, honorable work, laws land)
1 Cor 11:1Follow my example, as I follow the example of Christ
- Lover (affection- emotions)
1 Thess 2:11A father deals with his own children, encouraging, comforting and urging you to live lives worthy of God,
- Leader (Man of God)
Jos 24:15 But as for me and my house we will serve the Lord
F aithful (consistent)
A vailable to family and to the Lord
T eachable & teacher
H eart- not just head
E xample (“do as I do”-not just “as I say”)
R elationship (with the Lord
Man of God motto
As for me and my house we will serve the Lord Jos. 24:15