Breaking the Spirit of Fear
- 2019 The Year of …. POSSESSING YOUR BREAKTHROUGH
‘In the last days,’ God says, ‘I will pour out my Spirit upon all people.(the anointing) In those days I will pour out my Spirit on those who are serving me
David said, “I watched the LORD break through like a mighty flood.” So he named the place “The Lord of the Breakthrough
I pray also that you will have greater understanding in your heart so you will know the hope to which he has called us and that you will know how rich and glorious are the blessings God has promised his holy people.
God did not give us a spirit that makes us afraid but a spirit of power and love and self-control.
2 Sam. 5:19-20
2 Tim 1:7
Throughout this year remember… “It’s all about the Spiritual
“On earth as it is in heaven”
We first breakthrough in the spiritual real
Then we see it in the physical realm
See all the Message on YouTube (Celebration Community Church) or our site www.celebrateJesus.net
- We’re building on the
- The Release of the Holy Spirit
- The purpose for the Church “today”The Church (you) are the means through whichthe Lord can change things In your life and others
The key to Victory (Breakthrough) for the Christian is
- “Be filled with the Spirit”
- The essential to all the Lord has
- in every area of our lives
- Last time
- Breakthrough (BT)
Let me underline again so we don’t lose sight of what the Lord was saying
- BT is a common “buzz word” today (science, medicine, technology)
- BT in the Bible is one of the definers of God
- His name
- His character and nature
- His desire to break off areas of the enemy and BT into His promises
Spiritual BT isn’t just “breaking through” it also includes “breaking off”
David said when he faced the Philistines
- 2 Sam 5:20
“The Lord did it!” David exclaimed. “He burst through my enemies like a raging flood!” So he named that place Baal-perazim (which means “the Lord who breaks through”).
- Micah 2:13
The Lord will open the way and lead the people out.
The people will break through the gate and leave
the place where they were held captive.
- Today I want to begin a new focus on our BT Series
- I want to begin by looking at
Areas the hinder or hold back
Breakthrough in our lives
- I want to begin with what I believe is the greatest tool of the enemy
Breaking “The Spirit of Fear”
- 2 Timothy 1:7
- For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.
Let me begin with the foundation to
- Everyone has been impacted by this emotion
- It began in the Garden of Eden when man stepped out of God’s protection
- The prevailing feeling of society today (terrorist, fraud, insecurity, mass shootings)
- Surveys show over 80% of the people say that fear is
- the driving force in their lives
- Causes sickness, debilitation, paranoia
- The second most marketable subject of movie industry
- Single most effective tool of the enemy
In order to defeat fear
- We have to understand its characteristics
- We have to be aware of the traps of the enemy
- Once we recognize the signs we can break its influence and live in freedom
- Let’s examine fear in this message today
- What is fear?
- Fear is a feeling of anxiety and agitation caused by a nearness of danger, evil, pain or an expected wrong outcome of events.
- It is a God given emotion aroused when we perceive something as a threat or danger in our lives.
- It is a positive emotion when there is real danger and the level of fear is in balance with that danger.
- The “spirit of fear” is not based on
- “real danger” (deception) and is
- out of proportion to the threat.
Some major causes of fear
Some fear is due to being raised an atmosphere of insecurity
Past associations and events
Bad experiences from the past can cause fear. Memory of what happened can cause fear to persist and influence other areas
Unresolved guilt produces fear (condemnation)
Lack of knowing God
Incorrect, incomplete understanding of
God can result in fear
Results of Spirit of Fear
- Sickness (cancer , heart attack, other maladies)
- Bondage (phobias, addictions, emotional disorders )
- Reduces activity and productivity
- Sets up a “failure syndrome”
- Removes self worth
- Quenches faith, hope, love
- Limits God
Common Areas of Fear
- FEAR OF HELPLESSNESS The sense of an inability to protect one’s self against unseen and unknown sources . Not able to control.
- FEAR OF THE FUTURE
- The subconscious limiting of our potential and plans due to negative emotions and memories.
- FEAR OF COMMITMENT
- The inability to pledge one’s self toward something regardless of the personal cost.
- FEAR OF FAILURE
- The bondage of losing hopes and dreams by avoiding risks and moving in faith and trusting God
- FEAR OF DEATH AND THE UNKNOWN (LOSS)
- Results in pouring lots of energy into reducing the effects of aging, seeking to “beat the odds” to prolong life
- How Fear Grows
1.Your fear is real even if it may not be realistic
2.The enemy is the one who feeds fear
3.Spirit of fear is related to “what if’s” rather than certainty
4.The more we dwell on fear the more it grows
5.Fear will diminish the power of God and His Word
6.Fear begins to control our lives.
- Bad Experience-Enemy enters ->
- We fear it will happen again ->
- Fear preoccupies our attention preventing us from reacting correctly ->
- We have another bad experience ->
- Fear grows ->
- We become unable to separate fear from facts ->
- We avoid dealing with the situation ->
- Fear grows ->
- Fear influences other areas-repeats ->
What the Word says is the first key to victory
- Ps 27:1 The Lord is my light so, with him on my side I am fearless, afraid of no one and nothing.
- Ps 34:4 I sought the LORD, and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears.
- 1 John 4:18 There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear
- 2 Tim 1:7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.
In conclusion Pt 1
- A spirit of fear can control our life and actions.
- The Lord has not given us the spirit of fear.
- As we are aware of the signs and traps of the enemy, we can use the tools that will break his influence and control in our lives.
- The Lord wants us to live in the freedom He gave us
- 1 Cor 15:57
- But thanks be to God, who always gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
- How to BREAK the Spirit of Fear